Search This Blog

Monday, May 31, 2010

No Good at Goodbyes

I'm no good at goodbyes. I like treating them all more like "see you later" even if I know some of them I won't be seeing again anytime soon. About half of the people that I have grown to know and love in San Francisco will not be back next year, as their paths have pointed them towards some other adventure. I would rather have them with me, for purely selfish reasons of course, but I know they're going to be doing amazing things and I wish them luck. But the part that I have to keep focusing on is that I get to return to this great city once again in August, and that all of the people that I've met really will keep in touch this summer. Even if I miss their hugs, I still have them to talk to. 


I've been home just over a week now. I miss my city. We went back today and I miss it so much. I miss the life I've started to create for myself over there. I've been confirmed for my apartment next year with my own room, and now I'm itching to get back there and set up the apartment and get a job there which I can carry throughout the school year. But I know that there are certain parts of this, the other home, that I have missed and enjoyed returning to. It's been amazing to get back to my sister. There really is nothing like it when you can look at a person and just know what they're thinking, or when you don't even have to look at them... Yea I missed her. And no person on Earth yet has been as sweet as my puppy. She missed me too & follows me everywhere. My parents are a riot, even when they're testing my patience. Good to be home.


Now if I could just get hired..


To-do List for Summer:

  • Force my way off the waitlist for the summer morning class at the community college.
  • Get a Job. Seriously.
  • Go to a Giants game. I've still never been.
  • Gain some color. I'm the palest person I know.
  • Read read read. 
  • Finally get around to watching American Graffiti and other classics I haven't seen.
  • Take off somewhere with some friends for a couple days.
  • Learn to knit, because cool people knit.
  • Keep collecting recipes and cook more. I have a kitchen now, and it's my intention to use it.
  • Write, sketch, make movies, stay fit, do it all.
Summer is here folks. Feels good.


No comments:

Post a Comment