Search This Blog

Friday, October 29, 2010

I'm Getting Married! ...To My iPod on Shuffle

Why can't I marry my iPod on shuffle? If it could be embodied into a man, we would be perfect together. It always knows me best. Today it brought up a song I haven't listened to in months.. possibly years. The lyrics were so relevant.. 

"Falling over backwards for you,
Falling over everybody else.
I put myself in that position
Every time I have the chance.
I know it's not my business, to be
Digging up these things I shouldn't know.
Twenty years of bad descisions
Haven't taught me much at all.
...
Having every question answered
Isn't gonna help at all
When you're not supposed to know ..Anything"
-"Textbook" We Are Scientists


and every song that followed was so fitting. It was as if my iPod was trying to say, "Hello!? You are beating a dead horse once again. It's not supposed to be easy, you're not supposed to have all the answers, & you need to work harder to get yourself back." The advise my friends have given now suddenly feels like it has been smacked in my head full force when my iPod talks to me about it. "These are the days" came on (by Jaime Cullum) and I was reminded that I'm supposed to be living for today, focusing on my present.. and enjoying it. I almost lost sight of that today.

Oh iPod on shuffle, you know me! You know my embarrassing days, my happier moments, what I need to be uplifted, or when I need to calm down. You accommodate my nostalgia but always ease me back into the present. You know me and you have basically perfected the art of timing within my life. But I guess this is also because I put the pieces in place for you too be able to do so.

Writing this stupid metaphor reminded me that I have to be willing to give more of myself in order to get back. Oh late night revelations..


P.S. It's pouring over here. Giants have won 2 nights in a row. I love life.

No comments:

Post a Comment