Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Miette & Baking


I have discovered the cutest bakery in the entire world, Miette (thanks to this woman, who I have been following). Like the little girl in the candy store that I was, I "oooo"d and "awww"d at just about everything. The way the pastries look on the website is how they are in-store, adorable. They have two locations in SF that I'm aware of, one at the ferry building and another on Chesnut Street (at the Marina). I just wanted to buy up all of their treats for myself and for my friends. It felt like springtime and sweets found each other at Miette's. My favorite things together. I dream about having a little place like this.

I'm home for a bit and have been taking advantage of my use of a kitchen. Today will consist of baking up some cupcakes I discovered a recipe for, and supplying the kitchen for "Deb's Famous Banana Pancakes" tomorrow morning. I also really want to make a pie or something to drop off at my Grandma's house, because she shares my passion for sweets and I'm sure she'd like to bring some to her friends in her Bible study. I cannot wait to have a kitchen next year no matter if I'm living on or off campus. I'll get to eat what I like when I like, and I will make my roommates quite fat while I continue to learn more things to bake and get better at general cooking.










No comments:

Post a Comment