Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Childlike Hue

So let me take this moment to inform you on my next biggest obsession after sweets: Disneyland. The other day I was awoken to a text from a friend of mine who want to "talk Disney with someone who understands." I immediately missed that place. I'm hoping to take some sort of trip at the end of this summer and suddenly southern California with a day in Disneyland seemed plausible. I began to look at pictures online which makes me nostalgic for something I haven't necessarily lost. If you haven't been, you need to go. Especially for the child at heart, this is a wondrous place.

I can smell Splash Mountain's water, 

hear Madhatter's Teaparty theme music, feel that Socal sun, 

and taste the main street churros.

I can imagine the excitement and wonder of their fireworks shows,

remembering the times when I was little and thought the pirates shot real cannons (and always ducked),

feeling so nervous and excited about Indiana Jones and NEVER looking into the eye

And with all this talk from my southern California friends I miss exploring the completely different world that is Socal. I think I'll make it down there. I want it bad enough. But until then my summer daydreams continue, with a more childlike hue.

No comments:

Post a Comment