Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Morning Walk

The other day, when I awoke and couldn't sleep, I went for an early morning walk around Lake Merced. It was so beautiful and so quiet around the city. Lots of runners with headphones in, families or couples on a bike ride, dogs getting an early morning walk.. I saw the cutest group of older women power-walking around Lake Merced. I wish I had a picture. I forgot how lovely mornings can be. It's hard to have insomnia, because mornings always arrive too soon or (after several "snooze alarm" hits) pass by so quickly. When the weather was fairly warm and the city was only speaking at a whisper, I remembered how nice it is to be up and awake in the morning. Too bad these last few weeks will be mostly spent with late nights of study and mornings spent half awake (that is, if you can bear to be up in the morning). When all of this is over, I'll be fairly excited to have my mornings back. Until then, here comes the end of the year crunch. 24 days and counting down..








No comments:

Post a Comment