Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Vampire Weekend (at the Fox)

I cannot believe the night I just had. Cannot cannot cannot. Little did I know when I bought my tickets for the Vampire Weekend concert months ago, that it would be the best concert I have ever been to thus far in my life. I knew they would be amazing, but this was incredible. I could not have been more caught up in that music, I was hypnotized. I went by myself, despite my family's concern about me venturing into downtown Oakland on my own.

Let me just say, first off, that the Fox is an amazingly beautiful and ultra-cool venue, and if you have the chance to see a show there, DO. There is not a bad spot in the house.









Now with that being said, I was in the front row. Oh hell yes. I met some super cool people around me, one girl who was also named Julia. Great stuff. Our opening act was Abe Vigoda who had a good energy and seemed pretty promising, but lacked a little charisma when it came to interacting with the audience. They could do well though. I'm keeping an eye on them.

(Abe Vigoda)

Then came Vampire Weekend. Oh lord, was this audience ready. They came out and started with a bang with "Holiday" of their new (and fabulous) album, Contra. I felt like I was going to explode out of my skin I was so happy. I had no awareness of much else around me. I listened to the music and let myself laugh and sing and dance and have absolutely no cares. The lead singer (Ezra Koenig) and I absolutely had a moment and I just about fainted from excitement. The guy standing next to me hit my arm laughing and telling me how cool it was. They were an incredibly gracious group, as it was their last night of their American tour, and they thanked their crew and the Fox for everything. What a class act. Also, Ezra Koenig, you can call me any day. I'll be here when you want me. 
"It struck me that the two of us could run!/Cause Honey, with you/It's the only honest way to go/And I could take two/But I really couldn’t ever know./Honey, with you/And a battered radio/We could try"

Just think about it, Ezra. <3










Video coming at you soon..

I still cannot believe it's over, which makes me sad, but I know now I will not pass up an opportunity to see them again. Now I have Dr. Dog at the Great American Music Hall. This is shaping up to be the best week...

No comments:

Post a Comment