Search This Blog

Monday, February 15, 2010

Curious

Today has been a funny day for pondering. Have you ever heard something, or had someone mention something, and you thought about it more than normal? Like when, all of a sudden, you notice how funny or strange a word is and wonder how it came to be. Or when you think of an object and wondered why/how someone came to think it up and invent it? I felt like that all day. I wonder if it's brought on by the current head-cold I've been fighting..

Things I pondered today are as follows:
  • How were mirrors invented? How long have we had mirrors? Besides glass, what makes up a mirror?
  • I believe that manslaughter is a more gruesome term than murder, and I think their usages should have been switched. 
  • The word "widower" might be strange to someone learning our language. It seems more logical that it would mean "someone who widows"
  • Is it offensive if I killed this mosquito with the text book my professor wrote while he is teaching?
And so on. They are notes in the margins of my notebooks. Questions that I might get around to answering. Thoughts that needed to be written down. I haven't really written in some days, I apologize. I haven't been sleeping well either, but so much could have been expected. This much I know, I need to keep writing. Otherwise I feel like I constantly have an itch I can't scratch or thoughts that zoom in and out again. 

Also, yesterday was Valentine's day. Cookie dough bites, Cocoa Puffs, 3 See's samples, a Reese's, and a chocolate milkshake. Day well spent. Back to the diet today. It will be over March 28th. Not that I'm counting down until I'm allowed to eat sweets (in moderation) again.

I spent the day with some of my very best friends. I could not have had a better one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment