Search This Blog

Monday, February 1, 2010

Cheater

Yesterday I cheated on my absolutely-no-sweets diet. It's ok to be disappointed in me, I am disappointed in me. Because not only did I cheat on the diet that betters me as a person, but I cheated with lemon meringue pie. Not something delicious like chocolate, I did it with lemon meringue. I feel like if this was a relationship situation it would be like me and chocolate decided to take a break because things were getting out of hand, and then I went out and had sex with lemon meringue, who doesn't even mean anything to me!! But it doesn't matter, because I still cheated.

So why did I do it then? As it turns out, I have a fairly acceptable excuse. For the last week my jaw has been in severe pain due, in part, to a condition I've had my whole life. It makes it really hard to eat, talk, and other things that should be normal. This is, of course, when things go wrong. Anyway, things had been going severely wrong causing me to be popping pills like Dr. Gregory House. Our dining hall had virtually nothing soft to eat and as I sat, hungry and disappointed, I pondered having pie out loud. And within 2 minutes my roommate brought me some and told me I just needed to eat. I love her. I hate that I cheated, but it was necessary. And maybe it's better that it was only lemon meringue.

Today I went to my hometown briefly to have my shit taken care of, so I feel significantly better. So no more excuses..hopefully. Except for Valentine's day which will end with copious amounts of chocolate.

2 comments:

  1. Would have been better if it were Marie Calendar's doble cream lemon, oh soooooo worth it :) -Wendy Brown

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I would have to agree... I'm going to annihilate all kinds of sweet things on Valentine's day. Marie Calender's pie not excluded... ever. =)

    ReplyDelete